Friday, December 26, 2008

Our trip to France Day 1

Well, our Switzerland and France trip got off to a rough start when I realized that all of my clothes would not fit in my garment bag, so at 10:30 Christmas Eve I start a journey to find a larger suitcase. Well, even the 24 Hour Walmart was closed, so I had to ask my in-laws if I could borrow a large suitcase, and luckily they said yes. On the way to the aforementioned in-laws house for Christmas presents and food on Christmas day, after putting all my clothes in a contractor bag, after getting half way to our destination, I realized that I have forgotten my toiletry bag. After going back to the house to get it, that put us over an hour late for the festivities.

The festivities and the swag received were outstanding and everyone made out like a bandit. We left for the airport only to discover that our favorite parking spot, The Parking Spot, was full so we did the next best thing. We drove to the next one and parked there. After getting into slight disagreement with the guy in the security line, Kharma showed up and the same pushy guy who was telling everyone else to hurry up, forgot to take BOTH of his laptops out of his bag and was there for a good 5 minutes after we had gotten through.

Kharma is now our friend as we get to the gate counter and Amanda used the delayed honeymoon line and no sooner then 15 minutes later, we have our business class seats on our Air France flight. SWEET!!!!!!!!!! As we sit down in our nice, large, comfortable seats, the champagne arrives. EVEN SWEETER!!!!!!! The meals were fantastic, which Amanda will chronicle in her blog later, and the movie selection was great. I ended up watching the Ed Norton version of the Incredible Hulk. Sorry Andrew, I will still watch the DVD you gave me. After that it was bed time, so we took our seats form their upright position to their reclined sleeping position. TRIPLE SWEET!!!!!!!! Our only complaint was the cabin got hot during the 4.5 hours of sleep time that we had. About 2/3 of the way through sleepy time, while coming back from the restroom, which IS larger is business class, I noticed some people had their chairs FULLY RECLINED. After a couple of minutes of button fiddling, I got my chair fully reclined and the REM began. After breakfast, we arrived in Paris and made our way to the gate at which I sit now writing this as we wait for our flight to Geneva.

I will keep all three of my readers apprised of our trip and the adventures of me learning how to and me skiing in the Alps. Until next time......

No comments: