Well, after a rocky start yesterday, today went GREAT. Stephan remembered me and told me to stick with him today with about 3 others from yesterday and about 8 new students. We headed up to Le Chavanne on the red bubble and headed directly to the bunny slope. We were going up the hill on the rope when some little French kid falls down from the rope with his skis going across where everyone has to go and the British guy in front of me goes down and I have no choice but to follow suit or else I would have run over him and the French kid. Man are the French kids WINERS!!!! Whenever one falls , they cry until someone comes over and helps them up. Sounds like me yesterday, but at least I did not cry. One little Frenchy laid there for about 15 minutes until my instructor helped him up. After taking off my skis and getting up and putting my skis back on, I made it up to the top and down I went. After snow plowing down the hill a couple of times, we learned how to turn while in the snowplow. We tried to follow each other down as close as we could, and we actually did quite well. We did this a could of times and then Stephan showed us how to turn with your skis parallel, and that I did not quite get. We tried that a couple more times, and then he announces that tomorrow we come back to the debutante hill, warm up and then go on the ski lift to a beginner run. SWEET. My instructor actually told me I did a lot better than yesterday. I made my way down on the bubble and mt Tori at the ski school, and home we went.
After everyone showered, we headed into town to get some supper. We ate at a place called Le Tyrol. It had a very English feel to it, except the waitresses so French. After Amanda and I split some very good onion soup, do you still call it French onion soup when you are in France, I had a great flat bread pizza with tomato, cheese and chorizo. It is not the chorizo we in Texas are used to, I think that it what French people call pepperoni, because that is what it tastes like. Amanda had a tartiflette, which is a baked dish with bacon, cheese and potatos which was VERY GOOD. The only part of the meal that was not fun was when we got the bill. €167 for supper. JESUS!!! The food as good, but not that good. After paying the bill, we headed home to relax and get ready for another day of skiing and shopping.
Until next time......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment