Today I woke up very sore in my calves and my traps. My traps from pushing on the show with my poles, and my calves, I have no idea why. I would have thought that my thighs would be the sore part of my legs, but my calves are absolutely painful this morning. Amanda and I did not sleep well last night as it got rather warm in our room last night. It seems to be very insulated both inside and out. I opened the door and got it about 5 degrees Celcius cooler in the room, which felt very comfortable. After getting some sleep, when my alarm went off, it was back up to the temperature it was before we opened the door. After I got up and eat a pan de chocolat for breakfast, I went back into the room, and it had cooled by 2 degrees. It must be our breath that is heating up the room. I would sleep with the door open all night, but I don't want my bronchitis to show up AGAIN, as it is getting better all the time. I still can't laugh yet, but it is getting a little easier to almost laugh, but I still cough while laughing.
Today was the day we hit the green slopes. After taking the red bubble up to Le Chevanne, we hit the bunny slopes for a couple of times getting used to turning, and off we went up to the green run. We got on the chairlift. For someone like me who is scared of heights, I was not afraid on the lift at all. It was rather cool and peaceful on the thing to watch the other skiers hauling ass down hill, especially the 5-7 year olds who just go with reckless abandun. Getting on the lift was east, you just sit down and let ti catch you, then you put the safety bar down. Getting off is a bit harder. As you approach the exit, you lift up the safety bar, and lift you skies and place then on the exit ramp. You push off the lift and then you fall about 5 feet downhill, but it is rather steep and you hope you stop before you topple anyone over. Luckily, I was able to stop in time.
We headed toward the green run and down we went. We took a little time getting used to the grade of the slope, which is to me a LOT steeper than the bunny hill. We did some turns and down we went. What a rush. I got the turns going rather well, but for some reason today, the snow plow method of stopping was not quite working. I was having to turn rather sharply to stop today. We had to cross across a blue run and THEN cross across a cable life WITHOUT hitting anyone or getting hit. Made is across and continued down the green run. We made it back to the chair lift, took the one next to it and back up we went. We headed down another green run, but still had to cross that same blue run/cable lift and went down the run again. Sylvan was trying to get us to turn with our skis parallel, but kept talking in French and I could not figure out how he was telling us to do it. I think that you have to lean the other way when you turn parallel, and that is the goal for tomorrow's lesson.
Got back to the chalet, took a shower while the other adults went to get a reservation for New Years Eve, killed a large ass spider in Megan and Tori's bathroom, watched the CSI about the Miniature Killer and then went to bed to get ready for my last ski lesson tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment