Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Trip to France Day 9

The Way Home

Well, 4:30AM came fast, even though I got 6 hours of sleep after falling asleep listening to the World Darts Championship auf Duetch. I heard my alarm, and even thought we turned up the ringer on our room phone, had I not been awake, I doubt that we would have heard it. We showered and got ready to leave and we checked out, but we missed the shuttle by two minutes. So we ended up taking a taxi to the airport. We checked, got some caffeine and pan de chocolats, and waited for our flight to Paris.

Got on the flight to Paris and arrived in plenty of time to make our flight. Or so we thought. WE made it, but had to walk across another terminal, go through 3 levels of security and Amanda even got stopped because she looked anxious. Well YEAH, we were 10 minutes past the time of the beginning of boarding, and the French guy said, well you have until 10:15. Well, no, because the flight was LEAVING at 10:15. So we get to the gate and get in line to board the plane. We did not have the oppertunity to seek an upgrade, but luckily we were in the rear of the plane where there were only two seats in our section. While in line, we heard this one gal say that she keeps forgetting that the Earth is round. Public education at its best.

We got on the plane, and the cabin crew start the process of counting the passengers. Well, they could not count and get the same number of passengers after each count, so we stayed on the tarmac for about 1 and a half hours before we taxied for take off. Even though we were late taking off, we were to get into Houston at about the same time we were scheduled to. I watched Eagle Eye and Lakeview Terrace with Samuel L. Jackson. I got about 2 hours sleep on the flight.

We got to Houston, went through customs and got into the line of the SLOWEST agent in the building. I am all for security, but when people getting off of a later flight make it through Customs before you do, then your agent is SLOW. Got our luggage, drove home, had a little snack and I went to rehearsal. Talk about dragging ass, it was a tough hall that last half hour of rehearsal. Later that night I felt sick, and did something I had not done on over 12 years, I threw up. Not a happy feeling. I found out later that everyone on the trip, even though we were on different continents that evening, got sick on Friday night. Went back to sleep and ended up getting 12 hours of sleep and I was able to go to rehearsal the next day bright and bushy tailed.

Well, that was our trip. I hope you liked keeping up with it, and I will try to put up some pictures shortly. Until then......

No comments: